- Hi, JamesEG/Archive000, Welcome to Wikipedia!
You can help improve the articles listed below! This list updates frequently, so check back here for more tasks to try. (See Wikipedia:Task Center for brief guides.)
I hope you like this place--I sure do--and want to stay. If you need help on how to title new articles check out Wikipedia:Naming conventions, and for help on formatting the pages visit the manual of style. If you need help look at Wikipedia:Help and The FAQ , plus if you can't find your answer there, check The Village pump (for Wikipedia related questions) or The Reference Desk (for general questions)! There's still more help at the Tutorial and Policy Library. Plus, don't forget to visit the Community Portal. And if you have any more questions after that, feel free to post them on My User talk Page.
Here's some extra tips to help you get around in the 'pedia!
- If you made any edits before you got an account, you might be interested in assigning those to your username.
- If you want to play around with your new Wiki skills the Sandbox is for you.
- You can sign your name using three tildes, like ~~~. If you use four, you can add a datestamp too.
- You may want to add yourself to the New User Log
- If you ever think a page or image should be deleted, please list it at the votes for deletion page. There is also a votes for undeletion page if you want to retrieve something that you think should not have been deleted.
Hi JamesEG. I noticed you reverted your own edit here. I happened to notice that the linking style you used is not the preferred one. Your link had looked like this:
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charged_particle charged particles]
The preferred style would look like this:
Wikimedia is smart enough to do the following things:
- Use the appropriate Wikipedia URL
- Change the first letter to uppercase
- Include the "s" in the link text, but not in the URL
Thank you, P3d0.
As it may be obvious, I am fairly new to Wikipedia, and still learning my way around.